Go Chihuahua Crazy!
Stranger Awareness and Abduction Defense-Physical techniques and safety tips to teach your family
This course will teach you how to empower your family with self-protection skills. The Martial Arts aren't for everyone, but everyone needs to learn self defense. We explain the differences.
Our self defense techniques teach kids to respond appropriately to unique challenges they might face such as: Bullying prevention, friendship-drama, stranger danger awareness and safety, inappropriate touch from someone they might know, and abduction defense. We have taught hundreds of thousands of people to “Go Chihuahua Crazy!”™ and have seen first-hand how our unique teaching philosophy changes lives. Even a small child knows it’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog. You will receive:
- Work sheet for you and your child to complete as you work through the video tutorials.
- Tutorial videos, safety tips, physical self-defense strategies you can practice with your child(ren).
- Review sheets with additional resources, recommended books, and the most common lures used on children and teens.
- 15 minute Zoom call ( can also be a group/troop conference) with a Certified and Licensed instructor to: coach your child, or a group/troop, or to answer questions.
- Certificate of completion for your child or a "patch" for Girl Scouts, Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, American Heritage Girls, YMCA Guides and Indian Princesses.
Plus you will learn:
1. How to make self defense fun!
2. How to talk to your children about strangers without frightening them.
3. Why they should think like a Chihuahua.
4. The A.B.C.'s of self defense and how to teach them: Awareness, Boundaries, Chihuahua Confidence.
5. Safety tips everyone should know.
6. What to YELL in an emergency and it's NOT Fire!
7. The BEST and easiest physical techniques to teach and practice with your child.
8. 17 most common lures used on children and teens.
In 2003 Tracie Arlington, a mother of two and a black belt in Taekwondo realized there was a need for self defense training for women and children that were not in the martial arts. So PlayItSafeDefense was born!
Tracie is a strong advocate of child safety and self defense training. As a child empowerment coach, Tracie has been called the "Kid Whisperer." Her specialty is friendship drama and conflict resolution.
She has been teaching self defense since 1998, and is a certified national instructor for the Women’s Self Defense Institute.Tracie has taught hundreds of thousands of children, teens and women through Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops, teen groups, colleges, high schools, local businesses, school assemblies and after-school programs. She has been a guest on Dr. Phil, The DOCTORS TV, and the Dr. Phil in the Blanks podcast. Play It Defense is looking for Licensees outside of San Diego County: https://www.playitsafedefense.com/licensees/
PreviewGo Chihuahua Crazy! (1:44)
StartWhen to talk about Strangers (3:10)
StartThe A.B.C.'s of self defense (3:08)
StartWhat to yell! (2:11)
StartImportant Safety Tips (3:10)
StartSelf Defense Temper Tantrum (1:27)
StartThe Alligator Roll (1:10)
StartEscaping the Frontal bear-hug (1:01)
StartPicked up from behind (2:15)
StartSafety Tips to Review
StartCommon Child Lures
Start"No-No Square" Body Safety Song (0:51)
StartBody Safety Sheets_Mamma Bear Effect